Leadership Roanoke Valley Alumni Association (LRVAA)
The Leadership Roanoke Valley experience doesn’t have to stop after graduation. Getting involved in the Leadership Roanoke Valley Alumni Association (LRVAA) gives you the chance to remain an active and engaged member in your community, and allows you to continue developing your leadership skills beyond the LRV program experience. Reconnect with fellow alumni and grow your network of like-minded, engaged leaders in our community. Attend events, volunteer, and get involved with upcoming opportunities available exclusively for LRVAA members.
LRVAA membership is open to anyone who has graduated from the LRV program. You can find the full list of LRV graduates here.
How to Get Involved
We schedule a variety of fun and educational events including socials, leadership development opportunities, volunteer initiatives, and more throughout the year. Reconnect with fellow alumni, grow your network, and further develop your leadership skills. See our upcoming events below and sign up for the email newsletter at the bottom of this page to receive event details.
- Party for a Good Cause, September 28 at 7:00 p.m., The Spot on Kirk
- Breakfast Takeover, October 10 at 7 a.m., Scrambled
- Flow and Glow Pop Up Event, November 1 at 5 p.m., Soaring Ridge Craft Brewers
- Holiday Time Out, December 5 at 5 p.m., Mellow Mushroom
We organize a volunteer initiative each year to support a nonprofit in our community. All LRV alumni are welcome to participate. Complete the form below to sign up for the email newsletter and receive information about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Serve on a LRVAA Steering Committee
We’re always looking for alumni interested in serving on a committee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in getting involved in shaping the future of LRVAA.
Connect with us on Facebook and sign up for the email newsletter by completing the form below to stay in the know of any upcoming opportunities to get involved.
Meet the Steering Committee Members
- Chair: Patience O’Brien (Class of 2011)
- Vice Chair: Chris Thomas (Class of 2012)
- Social Events Committee Co-Chairs: Andrew Chester (Class of 2017), Shamaill Ross (Class of 2015), Ashely Thompson (Class of 2017)
- Leadership Development Committee Co-Chairs: Leah Shank (Class of 2017) and Andrea Martin (Class of 2017)
- Community Service Committee Chair: Jenna Lazenby (Class of 2012)
- Communications Committee Co-Chairs: Sarah Boswell (Class of 2016) and Erin Cooper (Class of 2015)
Click here to read the LRVAA mission statement and see our goals