22 Gentry Locke Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers in America©
ROANOKE, Va. (August 15, 2017) – The Virginia law firm of Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that 22 of the firm’s attorneys were selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2018 edition), a national legal ranking. Attorneys were nominated by their peers and recognized for their outstanding professional achievement in several legal practice areas, including appellate practice, banking and finance law, bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, criminal defense, employment law, insurance law, medical malpractice law, tax law, trusts and estates, and more.
In addition, Anthony M. Russell was named Best Lawyers 2018 Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” in Roanoke.
Of the firm attorneys listed in the Best Lawyers in America, six have been on the list for at least 20 years.
The 2018 Best Lawyers in America list is based on more than 7.4 million evaluations and recognizes more than 58,000 attorneys in 140 practice areas. In its 24th edition, Best Lawyers in America highlights the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the US.
Attorneys listed include:
- J. Rudy Austin (Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr. (Corporate Compliance Law, Criminal Defense: White-Collar)
- Matthew W. Broughton (Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- G. Franklin Flippin (Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- W. William Gust (Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law)
- Gregory J. Haley (Commercial Litigation, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Government Relations Practice, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Municipal)
- Guy M. Harbert, III (Insurance Law)
- Kevin W. Holt (Commercial Litigation)
- Paul G. Klockenbrink (Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Todd A. Leeson (Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- K. Brett Marston (Construction Law, Litigation – Construction)
- Monica T. Monday (Appellate Practice)
- S.D. Roberts Moore (Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- W. David Paxton (Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Glenn W. Pulley (Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- William R. Rakes (Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions)
- Anthony M. Russell (Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs, Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- J. Scott Sexton (Commercial Litigation, Oil and Gas Law)
- Bruce C. Stockburger (Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Charles L. Williams, Jr. (Environmental Law)
- Clark H. Worthy (Real Estate Law)
- Kathleen L. Wright (Litigation – Municipal)