The Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce submitted the attached letter to budget conferees to express support for our funding priorities. The 2018-20 budget presents opportunities for Virginia to invest in valuable initiatives to strengthen our business climate and lay the foundation for additional growth.
The Chamber supports:
- Efforts to reform and expand Virginia’s Medicaid program
- The Commonwealth Cyber Initiative (CyberX)
- VEDP’s Business Ready Sites Program and marketing initiative
- Virginia Growth & Opportunity Fund (GO Virginia)
- Workforce Credential Grant Program
- Mental health funding to combat the opioid crisis.
- Virginia Grocery Investment Fund
- Virginia Telecommunications Initiative
- Funding to fill General District Court judicial vacancies