The Roanoke Valley Broadband Authority, in partnership with Roanoke County, is hosting the “Broadband for Business” workshop at South County Library on March 8, 2018. Local business leaders are invited to learn about broadband services available to the local business community and how faster, high-quality connectivity is benefiting local business and economic prospects.
Telecommunications experts and local industry leaders will discuss the biggest questions:
- How will the latest software and hardware industry trends affect your future business connectivity needs
- What service levels and capacity agreements are necessary to keep your business operating at peak efficiency
- Who you should call and what questions to ask when it’s time to renew your service contract
- How does internet connectivity work and how do you get the best possible connection at the most competitive price point
- How can regional infrastructure directly affect your competitive position
- Which vendors are operating in the region
- Become a more informed commercial consumer, and learn why everyone is talking about broadband
“We chose these topics to address what we believe are some of the biggest concerns and lingering questions about broadband within the community. Our workshop leaders are prepared and looking forward to sharing more about the infrastructure available in our community,” Frank Smith, President and CEO of the RVBA has said. “We’re encouraging all businesses to participate in the discussion and to come with questions. We are ready.”
The 1-hour workshop begins at 9:00 AM and will be followed by 30-minutes of open Q&A. Coffee and light refreshments will be served. No RSVP needed.