Greece: Land of Gods & Heroes
The Peloponnese is home to an extraordinary collection of archeological sites as well as stunning mountainous scenery and charming villages where a traditional way of life has remained unchanged for centuries.
On this splendid cultural journey, trace 5,000 years of Greek history while exploring the country’s archeological treasures. Walk in the footsteps of Socrates on the Acropolis and examine artifacts of Athens’ Golden Age at the outstanding Acropolis Museum, sail through the scenic Corinth canal, and enjoy the insights of a local guest speaker on the contemporary Greek economic and social scene.
The Chamber hosted a Trip Orientation Webinar, to learn more about the Greece – Land of Gods and Heroes Chamber trip, presented by John Smith, president, Aventura World. For those who would like to review the webinar again, were unable to view it, or want to send on to friends who may also be interested, please see the video below:
- Astounding archaeological sites
- Bucolic villages
- Ancient Athens – birthplace of Western civilization
- World famous Acropolis & Parthenon
- Acropolis Museum
- Corinth Canal
- Ancient theater of Epidaurus
- Archaeological site of Mycenae
- Arched Tombs of Kings & Gigantic Lion’s Gate
- Cyclopean Walls
- Picturesque Venetian town of Nafplion
- Oracle & Museum of Delphi
- Archeological site of Olympia
- Temples of Hera and Zeus Cultural connections and Greek interactions
- Ouzo tasting
- Discussions with local guest speaker
- Local olive farm plantation visit
- Beautiful countryside of Greece
- Santorini, island of extreme beauty (optional)
Also includes: Round trip airfare from Washington Dulles, airline fuel surcharges, taxes, and fees, 7 nights of first class hotels accommodations, 20 meals, sightseeing per itinerary includes entrance fees, professional tour director, deluxe motor coaches, and baggage handling and transfers.
Optional Post Tour Extension: 3 days/2 nights in Santorini, one of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean Sea- includes visits to the Monastery of Profitis Ilias, Pyrgos, Koutsoyannopoulos wine museum, and the village of Oia, whose unsurpassed beauty has inspired artist, poets, and everyone who visits. $799 double occupancy.