Greece: Land of Gods & Heroes
The Peloponnese is home to an extraordinary collection of archeological sites as well as stunning mountainous scenery and charming villages where a traditional way of life has remained unchanged for centuries.
On this splendid cultural journey, trace 5,000 years of Greek history while exploring the country’s archeological treasures. Walk in the footsteps of Socrates on the Acropolis and examine artifacts of Athens’ Golden Age at the outstanding Acropolis Museum, sail through the scenic Corinth canal, and enjoy the insights of a local guest speaker on the contemporary Greek economic and social scene.
Please plan to join us for a Trip Orientation Webinar, to learn more about the Greece – Land of Gods and Heroes trip. Hosted by John Smith, president, Aventura World, Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020, 5:30 – 6:30 pm EST. You can join in three different ways.
1) Join us in the Chamber Board Room
Come have light refreshments with other possible fellow travelers, as we play the webinar on our big screen,
2) Join in by computer or tablet
Just click the link below to join in the webinar. The link will not be activated until 5 pm that day.
3) Join by phone (audio only)
+1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
Access code: 794 560 975
Please RSVP for the information session by Friday, February 7th either by return email to Michele Peppers at MPeppers@RoanokeChamber.org or by calling 540.682.2107.
- Astounding archaeological sites
- Bucolic villages
- Ancient Athens – birthplace of Western civilization
- World famous Acropolis & Parthenon
- Acropolis Museum
- Corinth Canal
- Ancient theater of Epidaurus
- Archaeological site of Mycenae
- Arched Tombs of Kings & Gigantic Lion’s Gate
- Cyclopean Walls
- Picturesque Venetian town of Nafplion
- Oracle & Museum of Delphi
- Archeological site of Olympia
- Temples of Hera and Zeus Cultural connections and Greek interactions
- Ouzo tasting
- Discussions with local guest speaker
- Local olive farm plantation visit
- Beautiful countryside of Greece
- Santorini, island of extreme beauty (optional)
Also includes: Round trip airfare from Washington Dulles, departing October 24h, airline fuel surcharges, taxes, and fees, 7 nights of first class hotels accommodations, 20 meals, sightseeing per itinerary includes entrance fees, professional tour director, deluxe motor coaches, and baggage handling and transfers.
The price of $2,999 including FREE Delphi Tour is an early bird special if the program is reserved with a $500 deposit by March 23, 2020. The price increases by $100 per person ($3,099) after this date plus the cost of the Delphi Tour ($159).
Optional Post Tour Extension: 3 days/2 nights in Santorini, one of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean Sea- includes visits to the Monastery of Profitis Ilias, Pyrgos, Koutsoyannopoulos wine museum, and the village of Oia, whose unsurpassed beauty has inspired artist, poets, and everyone who visits. $799 double occupancy.
Telephone: (540) 983-0700 ext. 107