Show your support for your favorite small businesses by nominating them for the Roanoke Regional Chamber’s 2018 Small Business of the Year. Small businesses are owned by people who live in your town, worship beside you, donate to local nonprofits and coach your kids’ Little League teams. When you spend money in their stores, you are supporting your neighbors.
Small Business of the Year applicants and their nominators* will be recognized at the 32nd Annual Small Business Awards in October. Click here to nominate an outstanding small business for the 2018 Small Business of the Year.
More than 90 outstanding small businesses, not-for-profit, small business veteran, and advocates were recognized at the 31st Annual Small Business of the Year Awards. Congratulations to all of our 2017 winners and nominees.
Overall and category winners:
- 2017 Small Business of the Year – Custom Tool & Machine
- Small Business Veteran – Michael Shelton, 360 Financial Solutions
- Small Business Advocate – Annette Patterson, The Advancement Foundation
- Construction/Real Estate – Mountain Roofing
- Micro-Business – Lodging Technology
- Business-to-Business Services – Volatia Language Network
- Business-to-Consumer Services – SERVPRO of Roanoke
- Manufacturing – Custom Tool & Machine
- Wholesale/Retail – SafeSide
- Technology – Polymer Solutions Incorporated
- Legacy – Wood’s Service Centers
- Best New Small Business – St. Pierre Woodworking and Sawmill
- Not-for-Profit Arts & Culture – Southwest Virginia Ballet
- Not-for-Profit Health & Human Services – The Advancement Foundation
- People’s Choice Award – Local Seafood Delivery
Small Business Advocate
- Jeff Barbour, Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP
- Scott Clarke, Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP
- Tom Field, Valley Business FRONT
- Annette Patterson, The Advancement Foundation
- Michael Shelton, Brambleton Area Business Association
- Mary A. Zirkle, Town of Buchanan
- Acquisition Title and Settlement Agency, Inc.
- Mountain Roofing, Inc.
- Bohemian Robot Media Group
- Delish! Sweets & Treats
- Emissary Investigative Services, LLC
- Local Seafood Delivery, LLC
- Lodging Technology
- Patriot Drug & DNA Testing, Inc.
- Stoke Chiropractic Clinic, PC
- AFC Urgent Care Roanoke
- Business Solutions, Inc.
- Controllers, Etc.
- Eddy Communications Corporation
- Entré Computer Center
- INNOVATIVE INSURANCE GROUP, LLC
- Paul Bunyan’s Tree Service, Inc.
- Sunbelt Business Brokers of Roanoke & Lynchburg
- Volatia Language Network
- Aztec Rental
- Big Lick Entertainment
- CAVE SPRING AUTO BODY
- Dominion Accounting and Tax Service
- Executive Town Car & Limousine Service, Inc.
- LAB Sports Performance
- Lucas Therapies
- Parker Design Group, Inc.
- SERVPRO of Roanoke
- Southern Trust Home Services
- Spine and Orthopedic Rehab of VA (SORVA)
- Sunshine Services, LLC
- Support Systems, Inc.
- Vinton/Brambleton Computer
- Virginia Interventional Pain & Spine Center
- Window World of Roanoke
- Clark Brothers Welding
- Custom Tool & Machine, Inc.
- CW Security Solutions, LLC
- Plastic Fabricating, Inc.
- Schroeder Optical
Wholesale / Retail
- Land of a Thousand Hills
- Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar
- Thorvin, Inc.
- Polymer Solutions Incorporated
- Protos Security
- J & J Fashions, Inc.
- John T. Morgan Roofing
- Saunders Dental Laboratory, LLC
- S.J. Conner and Sons, Inc.
- The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center
- Wood’s Service Centers
Best New Small Business
- Angelle’s Diner
- Arara Language Solutions, LLC
- Big Lick Boomerang
- Champloo Desserts, LLC.
- Corbin’s Confections
- Dynamic Medical, LLC
- Frost Gear, LLC
- GLAMHOUSE DAY SPA
- Miles of Styles
- Parkside Storage
- Paw 2 Paw Pet Sitting
- Star City SkyCams
- St. Pierre Woodworking and Sawmill
- Twin Creeks Brewing Company
- VA Paint Party
- Wingman Outfitter, Inc.
Not-for-Profit, Arts & Culture
- Southwest Virginia Ballet
- Standing Room Only, Inc.
- Vinton War Memorial
Not-for-Profit, Health & Human Services
- American Cancer Society
- The Advancement Foundation
- Blue Ridge Autism and Achievement Center
- Blue Ridge Literacy
- Botetourt Resource Center, Inc.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Southwest Virginia
- Brain Injury Services of Southwest Virginia
- Community Youth Program at St. John’s, Inc.
- Creative Therapy Care
- DePaul Community Resources
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys
- Katie’s Place
- Southeast Rural Community Assistance Project, Inc. (SERCAP)
- Total Action for Progress – A Legacy Organization
- Transitional Options for Women
- YMCA of Virginia’s Blue Ridge – A Legacy Organization
- Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- West End Center
*If a business is nominated by multiple individuals, only the first person to complete the nomination form will be recognized at the awards ceremony.