Virginia has now started what will be a gradual reopening of our economy. We want you to know that your Chamber, along with the Roanoke Regional Small Business Development Center, is here to help. We have been collecting blueprints, guidance, and resources that can help businesses across Virginia’s Blue Ridge navigate phase one of reopening and beyond.
The business guidance/guidelines section may be the most pertinent to your business. You can view all resources below:
Blueprints / Plans
- State of Virginia: Forward Virginia is the announced blueprint for easing public health restrictions in the Commonwealth. Read the original Forward Virginia announcement here.
- Kroger: Kroger released a Blueprint for Businesses, which builds off its COVID-19 learnings and provides actionable recommendations for businesses looking to re-open safely. Download the blueprint here.
- City of Roanoke: City of Roanoke has announced its Roanoke Star City Strong plan charting how the city will reopen and begin to recover. Learn more here.
- VA Chamber: VA Chamber is creating a Blueprint for Getting Virginians Back to Work and they have asked for input from the business community. Take their survey here.
- State of Virginia: Phase One has begun in our region as of Friday, May 15. Phase One guidelines for all business sectors can be found here. Guidelines for individual business sectors can be found here. We also recommend monitoring the Virginia Department of Health’s COVID-19 Information Center here.
- U.S. CDC: Reopening guidance for cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, workplaces, businesses, schools, and homes can be found here. We also recommend the CDC’s official COVID-19 Information Portal which you can view here.
- OSHA: Find a wealth of information for businesses on the OSHA COVID-19 portal here. We recommend downloading and printing their free poster outlining the ten steps all workplaces can take to reduce the risk of exposure to coronavirus. Download here.
- The Roanoke Regional Small Business Development Center continues to offer webinars as well as 1-1 advising sessions for small business owners. Learn more.
- The Virginia SBDC Network has created a Recovery Resources for Small Businesses page which includes a checklist guiding you through reopening and finding success in a post-crisis world. Learn more here.
- Local governments continue to offer resources and assistance to businesses in need:
Last Updated: 5/15/2020, 9:45 A.M.